Support Services

The Support Services staff is responsible for a myriad of tasks including the processing of all police reports and related citations, preparing these documents for the prosecutors and courts, and responding to requests for disclosure from other agencies and the public; entry of arrest warrants and court orders into local, state and national crime data-bases; conducting background checks for processing Support Services Supervisor Ronaye TylorSupport Services I Harj Aulakh concealed pistol licenses and handgun transfers; managing property Property and Evidence Manager Kim Martinand evidence; compiling crime statistics; compiling and disseminating weekly activity reports to local media; providing monthly department activity summaries to City Council; answering the office phones and providing assistance to those who visit the front lobby, and assisting the administration and staff with other duties as needed.

The staff consists of the supervisor Ronaye Tylor, Property and Evidence Manager Kim Martin, and our recently hired (March 2016) Support Services I Harj Aulakh, who has rapidly become a valuable member of our team.

To learn more about the services we offer, please click on the appropriate links below.

Criminal History Concealed Pistol and Other Firearm Licenses Court Information
Emergency Vouchers Fingerprinting Lost and Found
Protection Orders Report Requests Statistics

Criminal History

In the State of Washington, conviction criminal history (that is, records of arrests that have gone through the courts and the subject convicted of the crime) is public record and available to the public online through the Washington State Patrol. The Ferndale Police Department can only release conviction criminal history on arrests that have occurred within the city limits of Ferndale.

Individuals may request their own criminal history records via fingerprint submission from the FBI. Please go to the FBI website to learn their procedures.

Court Information

The Ferndale Municipal Court and Probation offices are located in the Ferndale Police Department's building, 2220 Main Street.  The court phone number is 360-384-2827 ext. 5756 and the Probation office is 360-384-5421.
The courtroom is located at the City Council Chambers, Second and Vista. Court is held on Friday mornings, jury trials are usually scheduled for Thursdays.

Emergency Vouchers

Thanks to the Salvation Army Emergency Assistance Program, we are able to provide short term financial assistance to Ferndale residents and travelers who have experienced an emergency and are in need of help. Types of assistance include food, gas, bus fare, prescription/medical assistance for seniors, and in extreme emergencies, shelter for families. Please call or stop in for further information.


We do fingerprinting by appointment only on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 2:30 and 3:30 p.m. Please note change in fees - as of May 27, 2013, the fee for fingerprinting is $12.00 per card for Ferndale residents and $15.00 for non-Ferndale residents. Please bring proof of residency to your appointment.
We use a digital scanner and are unable to use pre-printed cards containing a BARS code (such as those issued by Field Print.) If you have one of these cards, please contact an agency that uses the ink method of fingerprinting.
Please call 360-384-3390 ext. 0 to make an appointment.
Please note, if you are late for your appointment, you may have to wait while others are printed first.

Lost and Found

If you have found an item within the city limits, please turn it in at the front desk at the police department. You will be issued a receipt for the item and, if it's unclaimed after 60 days, you may be able to claim it provided certain conditions have been met.

If you are missing an item, you may call us or stop by the office. We will check our database of found property to see if it has been turned in.

We are often asked whether we auction unclaimed property. We auction most unclaimed property, including bicycles, online at

Protection Orders

Domestic Violence Protection Orders, Restraining Orders, No Contact Orders and Anti-Harassment orders are issued by the courts, not the police. Petitioning the court for one of these orders can be confusing at best, and often overwhelming for someone who is already in a crisis situation. We strongly advise contacting one of the agencies listed on our DV Resources page to discuss your situation, devise a safety plan, and to obtain an advocate's help with the protection order if one is deemed necessary. An advocate will be able to help you through every step of the process and will even accompany you to court.

If you choose not to use an advocate's assistance, the court forms can be found at the Washington Courts website and are available in a number of languages. They may also be picked up from Superior or District Court in the Whatcom County Courthouse, 311 Grand Avenue in Bellingham.

Court personnel are not allowed to help with the forms.

Report Requests

Traffic accident reports are only available to those directly involved; drivers, owners of vehicles/property, injured parties, their legal representatives, attorneys and insurers. You can pick up your copy of an accident report at the front counter at the police department during regular business hours, but please phone first (360-384-3390 ext. 0) to see if the report is ready for release.

Other police reports may or may not be releasable, depending upon a number of factors determined by State law. We prefer a written request, either on our request form, by email or mail, and per RCW 42.56.520, we have up to five business days in which to respond to the request. A staff member must read the report carefully to ensure that it is releasable, and that private or otherwise protected information is deleted prior to disclosure. In July, 2017. the State of Washington amended the fees allowed for public records disclosure, and Ferndale's Municipal Code has been adjusted accordingly.  See our Public Disclosure form for details. Feel free to call us at 360-384-3390 ext. 0 if you have any questions about the process.

You may download a request form here,  or pick one up at the front desk of the police department.

Please note that if you were arrested and want a copy of your arrest report to be used in your defense in court, you must make this request to the applicable court.


We have some statistics posted here.  Please call the office at 360-384-3390 extension 0 if you are in need of other data.